Sunday 13 November 2016

New LW story Sneak Peek

The following is an excerpt from my latest story, it's no where near the final version but thought readers might enjoy a "snack"!

"If you've just joined us, this is Michael Pellegrino on WKRZ, your only choice in the wilds of no where. It looks to be another exhausting day ahead for most of ya, driving back home for Thanksgiving .

I'll bet most of ya wonder every year while ya make the trip 'why the hell do I do this? For the dry cardboard shite called turkey? For the relatives - all batshit crazy and cranky, all ready to fight?' I don't know. Pick your poison because it sure must be something crazy that makes us drive for miles and miles to eat a horrible bird with  people so awful you only manage to tolerate for a day or do a year. I speak as someone who's seen the light and has liberated himself from it all. Thanksgiving last year was the last torture session I put myself through. I knew it would be my last three months before that. How you might ask did I know three months before? Well, the answer is simple. That was the day I found out my loving wife was having an affair with her boss, her brother-in-law.

The first couple of hours, my gut hurt and ya know, for someone whose stomach is strong enough that I stick anything into my mouth, it was a sign how bad it hurt. Real bad. So bad I threw up breakfast. The breakfast I'd had to get from   because my dear wife had an early work meeting to get to. She was honest, at least, on that point. It was an early work meeting all right. With her boss. In that fancy SUV she just had to have, all paid for by me/ on my expense of course. It was real funny how I found out. Do any of ya remember that half-cocked idea about live traffic reports we did on this segment last year? Yeah well, we actually had a couple of live feed images sent to us from the cameras installed round areas where the traffic was worst. Well, that day, traffic was pretty horrendous on the exit from the freeway into Elm and Fifth. And sitting pretty and making out crazy in the car was my wife and her boss.

I was pretty sure I was mistaken or there was a problem with the camera. It all seemed like a bad joke that someone was playing. But it wasn't. No one jumped out yelling 'Surprise!' And I'd bought that expensive lingerie she was flashing that idiot for her for Valentine's six months earlier. I was so shocked I gagged in the studio and they had to get Steve to stand in for me.  I still owe him one. Thanks man!"


Patience! Story will be posted soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment